Here goes the start of another week, I hope you are enjoying your Monday.
Here’s a little treat for you.
I diy’ed another mirror, this time I used wood shims and glued them all together. It was definitely time consuming but I’m definitely happy with the end result.
what i used
192 – 8” wood shims (14 packs)
7” wood embroidery hoop
7” craft mirror
Leftover piece of Masonite board
hot glue gun
Rust-oleum Metallic Gold Spray Paint
First I glued each grouping (rays), I used 8 shims for each one, but you can use however much you want to create the style you desire.
Once I had all my sections glued I simply glued them on a piece of Masonite board, spray painted them along with the 7” embroidery hoop and glued the mirror and hoop directly on top.
And here’s what I came up with:
I’m really loving the chunkiness of this one.
Another great mirror for less than $30.
If you’ve been shopping for a sunburst mirror, I’d definitely recommend giving this a try. The possibilities are endless!
31 Responses to “wood shim sunburst mirror”
- shims (not like she-him) « LOREM LIGNUM -October 26, 2011
[…] the original post. She has better […]
- » DIY Sunburst Mirror Tutorial Lovely Home Life -April 23, 2012
[…] Sunburst mirror tutorials, just to figure out which one might work best for me. Se more here, here, here, and here. I really liked how the one on the Crazy Wonderful blog had a framed mirror […]
- DIY Sunburst Mirror | Creative Curiosities Blog -August 22, 2012
[…] There are a ton of examples of DIY Sunburst mirrors across the blogosphere. I originally came across the idea to use wood shims from Lizzie of 346 Living. […]
- A Survey and a Thank You Gift « Cozy Condo Living -January 20, 2013
[…] 346 Living […]
- Joy and Pain, Sun(burst Mirror) and Rain | Ciburbanity -January 30, 2013
[…] with the real deal, I liked the scale, and… still simple to construct. I checked out this and this post to make sure I was on the right […]
- DIY: Sunburst Mirror -June 23, 2013
[…] I did for Easton’s nursery was to make a sunburst mirror. I found the idea on another great blog and wanted to share with you how easy it was to […]
- DIY 20 idées créatives pour la fête des mères / 20 creative Mother’s Day gifts ideas | Féesmaison -April 29, 2014
[…] 346 living – Miroir soleil vintage réalisé à partir de cales en bois […]
- My DIY “To Do” List – Engineering In Style -March 5, 2015
[…] Top // Bottom […]
- DIY Sunburst Mirrors (using SHIMS!!) – Little Green Notebook -January 24, 2017
[…] and her sister, Rachel, emailed me a link to their version HERE. I love the staggered edges. 346 Living This Old House (do I like this one. Or not…) Westerman Family (love the gray […]
- Diy: Sunburst Mirror – Moving Easton West -December 5, 2019
[…] I did for Easton’s nursery was to make a sunburst mirror. I found the idea on another great blog and wanted to share with you how to make […]
- DIY Sunburst Mirror | The Noshery -February 4, 2020
[…] 346 Living – Wood Shim Sunburst Mirror […]
- Aprenda a fazer um espelho Starburst | Joia de Casa -March 12, 2020
[…] seu preferido e mão na massa! 1. (via infarrantly creative): 2. (via the noshery): 3. (via 346 living): 4. (via handfie): 5. (via the hott […]
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.